The Race, Culture & Equality Working Group has several upcoming events at next week’s RGS-IBG Annual Conference:
1) The ‘Race in Geography Teaching Workshop’ on Tuesday 30 August in the Education Centre.
In the workshop, we will be discussing two themes: Race in the Curriculum and Challenging Exclusionary Spaces. The workshop is scheduled to run from 1pm to 5pm, but light lunch will be available in the Marquee from 12pm. Registration is closed for this event, but if you are desperate to attend please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) The RACE Working Group’s AGM. This is on Friday 2 September at 1.10pm in the Lowther Room.
Please join us to discuss the first year and the future of the working group. All welcome!
3) We are also affiliated with the following two sessions:
– Geographies of Anti-Colonialism, which has three sessions on the Friday (http://conference.rgs.org/AC2016/271)
– Interdisciplinary Approaches to Understanding Ethnicity and Place, which has two sessions on Wednesday (http://conference.rgs.org/AC2016/9)